Saturday, November 3, 2012

Captain's Log Stardate -310159.3630464481

So I know I already failed at blogging everyday this month, as I missed yesterday. However I have a good reason. I was really tired. And I didn't make dinner. I was going to. I really was. So I didn't even have anything good to blog about. So really I did you a favor by not posting about boring junk.

Good news though. You're reading this because I tricked you with my really cool post title. Or you actually like me and enjoy reading this. Either way, thank you.

Today I will not be cooking dinner either. We are going to one of Mike's friends' houses...cool story huh?

But I am leaving you with a recipe. I am currently making buckeye brownies. Which is like a buckeye bar, but with brownies underneath. Genius right? And if you've never had a buckeye bar, you probably should because they are the bomb. Except for you Nicole....and anyone else allergic to peanuts...or awesomeness.

As usual, this recipe did not come from my own recipe box. But it came from Susie QT Pies Scrap of Life Blog, found at this link here :) go ahead click on me!

Buckeye Brownies, from Almost Homemade cookbook, submitted by Heather Prentice of Mars, PA

19-1/2 oz. pkg. brownie mix
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. plus 6 Tablespoons butter, softened and divided
8-oz. jar creamy peanut butter (yes 1 cup or 8 oz not 18 oz)
6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips


 
 
 
 
Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 13"x9" baking pan according to package directions. Let cool. Mix powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and peanut butter. Mix well and spread over cooled brownies. Chill for one hour. Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over brownies. Let cool; cut into squares. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
 
 
 
 
 
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
 
 
OH! I owe two days of thankfuls.
 
Day 2:
Yesterday I was thankful for the scriptures. Well I'm thankful for those every day, but yesterday I had the opportunity to attend an Institute class. Which is like bible study. And it's really awesome. We are very lucky and have an awesome teacher, Elder Benedict. Who is currently serving a mission in the Charleston Area with his wife. They are pretty cool people. Anyways. Yesterday we were studying in the Book of Matthew about Jesus ministering to the multitude. The particular story was where he feeds the five thousand with 5 loaves of bread and two fish. I mean come on. That's ridiculously cool. When was the last time you fed that many people, period?
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to study the scriptures and strengthen my testimony with it's teachings. We are so blessed to have these records in the world and learn what they have to offer.
 
Day 3:
Today I am grateful for a clean house! Well mostly clean house :) I cleaned my kitchen. Which my husband is about to make dirty by cleaning his guns in it. Awesome. Let's put it a different way, I am grateful that I am able to clean my house. I have been sick for several weeks now, and am finally feeling better! I haven't done anything in quite a while, so it was nice to feel productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment