Saturday, October 20, 2012

TGIS!!

Busy busy busy!

That's what this week has been. It has been long, and draining, and fun, it's almost over!

Amelia has had an awesome cough and sniffles for the last two weeks, so I've been trying to not share her germs with the rest of the world. Nothing says "Hi" better than your kid snotting all over someone elses. Not going to lie, I definitely have unkind thoughts to other moms, when their kid's nose is like faucet and they're playing and phlegming up the place.

 I think she is finally getting better though, she's still being Amelia and getting into all sorts of toddler shananingans. She's just awesome like that.

We've been working on Halloween costumes for one. And I must say they are looking awesome. I don't want to post pictures yet though, and ruin the epicness of my creativity. But I will share what we are doing. I made a minion costume, from Despicable Me for Amelia. I originally wanted to make her a hat, since ya know I'm kinda good at crocheting that sort of thing. But she hates wearing hats, so I decided to make her a little hoodie sweater, so that way she doesn't have to have the hood up all the time, but when people ask what she is, I can just throw it up :)

Tamra, a.k.a. the best wife ever haha, has been helping me with my costume. We are making a dress so I can be Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. It looks pretty flipping sweet. I was half tempted to die my hair, but I've managed to leave it alone for so lone, so I decided not to mess with it. I broke down and bought this super cool wig. I'm pretty stinking excited about it.

Also, I just realized that I've reverted to saying awesome a half dozen times already. For which I apologize. These nighttime hours are not kind to my sanity.

As for Mike's costume, he is going to be Anakin Skywalker. My mom made this legit Jedi robe for him, and it is going to be epic. We are also going to attempt round 2 at a Deathstar pumpkin this year. However we are scaling it down a bit, because unlike last time, I don't have 4 days to carve it. And I kind of sort of have a baby to take care of :)




This is the Death Star pumpkin I carved two years ago
 
 
And this is the Death Star after we took it to the rifle range :)
 
 
 
 Hmmm... oh and here are some of the projects I finished this week also :) Okay this week and last week.
 
 
These are some rainbow sock monkey hats that I made for a friend. They turned out pretty cool, I think
























and this is a goat hat that was requested from another friend. It turned out so much cooler then I had pictured in my head.

 And below are some really cute leggings I made for an order. I really want to make a pair for Amelia now, but I doubt she'd wear them





I have a ton of projects coming this week, at least 6 that I can think of. Oi vey. I can do it! I'm hoping to have them all done by Halloween. So we'll see how that turns out.
 
 
As for the more appetizing side of life. I made some really rockin' pulled pork the other night. For those of you that shy away from your crockpots...DON'T!!! It is the best thing ever. Ever. I love using my crockpot, because you can literally throw just about anything in there and badabing! With the pork, I'll write it out in recipe format, in case you want to try it :)
 
BBQ Pulled Pork
1.5-2 lb pork loin (honestly, you can used pork roast, chops, ribs, anything!)
onion soup mix
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chicken bouillon granules
about 1 c water
favorite BBQ sauce
 
So I peppered my pork loin with pepper and salt, then I threw it in the crockpot. I sprinkled the chiken bouillon over it, and then emptied the onion soup mix into the cooker. Pour the water over, cover and set on low for 6-8 hrs. When checking your pork, it should just fall apart. If it does that, then you are ready to "shred" it. I mean if it's falling apart, it won't take much effort shred it. I just use two forks and pull it apart. Hence the term, Pulled pork. Ya learn knew stuff everyday huh? After you've shredded your pork, you'll want to drain the liquid out of your crockpot. Return the pork to the crockpot and add a bottle of you're favorite bbq sauce. We like Texas style, its got just the right amount of kick to it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well folks, that's all I got for now. Hopefully I'll be able to update more this week with all of our fun projects and Halloween coming up. Stay tuned for tomorrow's dinner, Cheesy Chicken and Rice (surprise!! It's in the crockpot!)
 


2 comments:

  1. Those hats are totally flipping awesome (to use your words! I love the sock monkey hats, and wish I had just a little bit of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) however I'm pretty sure crocheting is my only creative outlet. You have awesome talents too that I'm pretty jealous of! Your blog is a lot more useful than mine haha :)

      Delete